A Boutique Experience with a Global Impact
Who We Want to Work With
We are seeking to recruit an Engagement Manager committed to excellence and aims to be a catalyst for transformative innovation. This person has strong empathy and intuition for client needs, demonstrates mastery of conventional business frameworks, seeks innovative approaches to address business challenges, and possesses a growth mindset.
- Closely work with Partners to cultivate current and new client relationships
- Collaborate with clients throughout the project lifecycle to ensure timely and successful execution of project tasks and objectives
- Perform project management function with a commitment to quality, including development and management of project scope, schedules, budgets, risks, and resources
- Proactively invest in ongoing development for you and your team
- Help Clients delineate, prioritize, and re-frame business challenges
- Deconstruct & disassociate Client challenges to be industry agnostic
- Conduct ex-industry precedent research for best practices, benchmarks, and insights
- Conduct monthly coaching sessions to further develop our consultant talent pool
- Bachelors’ degree – diverse or combined fields preferred (e.g., STEM & Sociology, History & Psychology)
- A working knowledge of conducting primary and secondary research
- Outstanding analytical skills to distill information into powerful insights
- Strong presentation and client engagement skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications
- At least 4 of experience at a management consulting firm
- At least 2 years of experience, at a management consulting firm, successfully leading the execution of projects as the engagement/project manager
- A successful track record of delivering to clients in the Pharmaceutical, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), Food and Beverage (preferred)
- The energy and ambition to help build a fast-growing boutique firm into a prominent multi-market player
- Values congruent to Recombinators’ Three Cultural Pillars – Direct Honesty, Empowerment, and Sharing the Wealth
Who We Are
Recombinators is a thriving and unique management consulting firm. We’ve developed a proven approach to strategy and innovation that has been applied at Fortune 50 companies and taught at both Columbia Business School and Stanford Graduate School of Business. We are obsessed with the end customer, systematically diagnosing and breaking down the barriers between them and our clients. This obsession empowers us to compete directly and win against the premier, elite firms.
Our value to our clients is made evident by the fantastic feedback we receive after every engagement. We take pride in helping our clients solve their toughest business challenges by bringing fresh ideas to life and unlocking a path to immediate results in the market.
How We Work
We pride ourselves on having a world-class culture that creates the utmost value for our clients and team members. We bring it to life with our 3 Core Values:
Direct Honesty – Direct, open, and empathetic communication, whether sharing our thoughts or providing feedback, helps the firm grow and improve through focus.
Empowerment – We believe in giving our people agency to solve problems and consistently pitch new ideas to enable creative, critical thinking.
Sharing the Wealth – We ensure our talent is continuously recognized and engaged by more frequently rewarding our people in more meaningful ways.
We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Not only is our approach novel, but we also employ a “person-first” working model. We actively search for ways to increase our productivity while implementing flexibility and creating balance. A key example of this is our implementation of a 4-Day Work Week, further demonstrating a deep commitment to our people and all forms of innovation.
We do not have the overbearing expectations of constant travel and late hours that other firms utilize to grind their talent down. We travel only when necessary and let the demands of the project dictate how hard we work.
We’re growing quickly, doubling in size the past few years. To continue this fast-paced expansion, we are focused on delivering high-value strategic and innovative solutions to new markets and new clients. We strive to deepen our impact and broaden our influence with any organizations seeking new ways to win.
Our main office is right outside of Morristown, NJ. We are looking for team members in the NY / NJ metro area, Boston, MA, or Austin, TX. We are also open to remote work.
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Retirement matching
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Self-managed PTO
- 16-week Paid Parental Leave Policy
- Relocation Assistance
- The best bonus system in the industry (our base compensation is highly competitive too)